Thursday, March 20, 2008

You Take It on Faith, You Take It to the Heart...

...the waiting is the hardest part.








I feel like I'm taking an awful lot on faith these days, what with the fact that I look like Miss Piggy.

Here I am dressed to go out to the store. No, I'm not wearing that gown to the store, that's me on the right! Mom didn't think I looked too bad today. I asked her, compared to what? To which she replied, "Tuesday." I continue to be astounded at just how humongous my cheeks are and it just feels like my face is never going to get back to normal. And my nose is turned up in a disturbing sort of way, but I just keep thinking to myself--it's just swelling, this isn't how it's always going to look.

I also burst two blood vessels in my eyes--ick. I'm not sure if I just haven't noticed this before since my eyes were nearly swollen shut or if this happened recently. The swelling under my eyes has gone down a lot during the course of the day; it was extra-scary when I got up this morning and my right eye had randomly swelled up.
Other than that, it was pretty uneventful today. Shari called to say that Pommie made it into the "Our Town" local newspaper--he is a finalist in a photo card contest that Hallmark is running (vote for him here)--and yours truly also made it in also as Shari's "friend and fellow Alexandrian" who found him on petfinder.org and suggested she adopt him.
Mom and I did some shopping for Easter dinner...The cashier at Harris Teeter took one look at me and said, "nose job?" As if nose job patients come wandering through there for their organic broccolini and brown rice sushi-to-go all the time (maybe they do). "Did you have that done today?" he asked. "No, Monday." He winced. Hmmm...a whole lot more waiting to be done, I guess.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Okay, first - thank you for the Pommie plug. Two paws up for you. Second, the picture of you today shows a marked improvement from yesterday - can't wait to see tomorrow's photos. And finally, love the PFA exchange. :)

Anonymous said...

zrjwugyHi Jen.. You look soooo much better in today's photo! I think you've turned a corner in the healing process, and hope the "waiting" will go fast.

The photo of Pommie reminded me I haven't voted since Tuesday.. so added it to my "To Do" list. Is Elaine using the color coded cards I sent w/her to organize herself.. no.. I didn't think so.

The end of an era w/the Pughmobile leaving and the beginning of a new era w/the nose job.. a monumental week in the life of Jennifer Pugh. Love, Mary, Gippy, Dutchie & Sammy.