Friday, March 14, 2008

Some Befores and Last Minute To Dos

Ok, so I promised some before shots. These, obviously, are not my "official" befores since I felt weird asking Doc and Flora for a copy because I don't really want to talk about the blog with them. I went through my pictures and tried to find some that illustrate how wide my nose is, what the deal with the bump is, and how it looks like a carrot stuck to my face.








So there you go.

So everyone's asking, are you nervous or excited? A little of both! Most of the time, I'm just wishing I could get it over with already, but sometimes, right before I go to sleep, I just think HOLY HELL!!! I'm going to have someone go into my nostrils, cut the top off my nose, and break my nose and mash it all back together again! And I haven't the slightest idea what it's going to look like when it's done! What the hell is wrong with me?

I'm down to the last few days--really, the last weekend for me and my nose--yikes! Well, nose, we've had a good run (ba-dum bump!) It's going to be REALLY weird, I think, looking in the mirror and seeing something else there.

Oh well, I'm going to be busier than a one-armed paper hanger in the next few days, so I can't think about it. I have a lot of work to square away at the office, have to clean before my mom gets here (though fortunately, my roommate is way neater than I am and keeps the disaster mostly in check...my bedroom is another story and the bathroom needs a good scrubbing), pick up my pills, another pineapple (ouch--pineapple hurts your tongue if you eat more than a slice or two) and maybe some soup or something to eat afterwards. Mom gets in tomorrow night; I'm picking her up at the airport around 7.

Compounding everything, I had to spend the day touring around with a couple of people from my firm, and one of them had a cold. So today, my nose is running and I have a headache. Great. I can't blow my nose for who-knows-how-long starting Monday and I'm coming down with a cold. The things I do for my company....Fortunately, I have my lymphatic drainage massage in a few hours, so maybe that will put the kabosh to it.


No comments: