Monday, March 24, 2008

The Unveiling!

Usually after you see people after a makeover on TV, they look a bit better, no? Here I am at Doc's office just after getting my splint off. Getting the splint off hurt a bit, it's velcroed to your face, so there was a lot of pulling. I expected that I might feel some relief from the pressure on my nose that I've felt all week, but I didn't get it. My nose still feels kinda stiff and it's going to be more swollen as the day goes on.

One of the nurses cleaned up my nose and gave me a mirror. I looked at her and said, "I look kinda piggy," and she laughed and said "it's from the tape holding the tip up. 100% of patients look piggy when they have the splint taken off, and it goes away in 100% of the patients."

I still have a lot of blood in my nose and the nurse said to be really careful and not blow my nose or anything because of all the sutures in there. I'm also still very swollen in spots and my nose is senstive, except the right side is a little numb.

Ah well, I'm going to take a shower and wash my own hair for the first time in over a week, put some makeup on and maybe take some more pictures for you. Sorry the profile shot is off-center--it's really hard to take your own profile photo.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

THe side shot looks great. No bump!!!

Anonymous said...

Mary said... Wow.. The bump is gone.. you look great! (someone needs to tell me how to choose an identity).