Sunday, March 16, 2008

Ready As I'll Ever Be

So today is my final day with my old nose. Mom's here; on the way back to the house she said she hoped I knew what I was doing. Of course I don't. For all I know, I could come out looking like Miss Piggy or a Jackson family member. She and I stayed up late and I showed her the closed rhinoplasty video and she was thoroughly grossed out. Then she wanted to see the video for a facelift and she screamed.


Mom and I went shopping today, I picked up some Chicken 'n' Stars (I can't be the only one who wants this and a grilled cheese sandwich when I'm laid up), water crackers, Gatorade, Ocean Saline Nasal Spray (to clean out my nose), more pineapples, and some odds and ends. Mom brought a filter for my vaporizer, and I set that up and have it running. I've got some frozen peas to use as an ice pack. I'm eating pineapple, drinking pineapple juice, and popping arnica like it's my job. CVS actually managed to fill my prescriptions without any sturm or drang, so I have those all lined up with a bottle of extra-strength Tylenol.
I managed to kill the cold by way of lymph drainage and a lot of lazing around. I'm not sure there's any reason to get sick ever again now that I have found this little secret. Lymphatic drainage massage is, in a nutshell, rubbing your neck and face. Your lymph system is responsible for clearing bacteria and foreign substances from your body and a full third of your total lymph gland count is found in your neck. Anyway, my massage therapist told me to lightly rub my face in a triangle from below my eyes to my jaw to stimulate the lymph system right before surgery.
Otherwise, I'm petrified! Yes, I know I was cool as a cucumber, get it done, get it over with a few days ago, but now I'm panicking. Eeek!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

GOOD LUCK! Didn't want to disturbe with phone calls yesterday. Call me when you can...

And I ALWAYS want chicken and stars when I am sick. Must have the stars.... Ray doesn't get it and bought me regular chix noodle when I was sick.