Monday, November 24, 2008

People Have Their Noses Bobbed For Love

In case you hadn't noticed, a lot of things bug me. I think I'm going to sound like a broken record on this theme, but I want to talk a bit about being right with yourself. Several months ago, a very dear (guy) friend of mine asked me what was wrong with him that needed fixing in order to be more successful in dating.


SeeqPod - Playable Search

Let's back up a second. Before I had my nose done, my roommate told one of her colleagues that I was having it done. "Why?" he asked. "She doesn't have any trouble getting guys."

Sigh...If that was all there was to it, EVERYone would have their nose done. Before anyone goes running off getting plastic surgery to improve their love life, let me tell you that I'm not setting the world on fire, unless you mean in a Norse mythology sort of way. I'm loathe, as I've told you, to discuss my dating life via blog, but there's a reason I hang out with my exes so often. I'm not asked out all that often and when I am, 98% of the time, he turns out to be a misfit toy or a svengali.

Folks, if you feel bad about rejection in the normal course of human relationships, the last thing you want is to have thousands of dollars of cosmetic surgery, work your butt off to lose a few pounds, and then get dumped or played. If you think that, all of a sudden, George Clooney is going to ask you out, you're going to be disappointed. The guy you've had a debilitating crush on? Well, there's a very good chance he still won't fall in love with you. I have dark nights of the soul where I'm convinced that I'm hideously unattractive and that I'm going to end up alone, with the clocks stopped at twenty of nine and one shoe on.


So, what I'm telling you is, if you're going to have plastic surgery, don't be surprised if you wake up and find out that you're still the same person you were before the surgery and that other people treat you exactly the same as they did before. If, all of a sudden, you have the world on a string after you're healed, that's a nice bonus, but it's not likely.




2 comments:

Cosmetic surgeon Los Angeles said...

This is absolutely true...the reson for taking all the risk and the trouble should be justifies really.It hardly makes any difference to the people who love ..yes if you are in the business of being beautiful it does matter I would say.

plastic surgery phoenix said...

Have it done only when necessary or if there are health benefits.