Sunday, April 6, 2008

Here We Are Now, Entertain Us!

My friend Carter suggested that I needed some nice photos of myself up here at the Rhinoblog. I guess the no-makeup self-portraits of me in the bathroom or at the dresser aren't all that flattering, but, well, this is a public service here all in the name of science. I aim to give you the unvarnished story of my surgery, no glamor shots allowed. But, because I'm also here for your entertainment, I will happily indulge my readers.

Last night was the Bachelors and Spinsters Ball at the City Tavern Club and also the first time I've had social photos taken since before the surgery. Here's one of Carter and me waiting to get in to the CTC. No more bumpy nose! This isn't my best angle for photos, though, and I think it looks bigger here than it is in person. Oh well, I suppose my nose will remain persistently un-photogenic.

I wish I had some better shots for you all, but my pictures didn't come out all that well. This next one is a little fuzzy if you click it into to full size. Sorry.

Anyway, that's all I have right now. I'm not putting the ones up where I look fat or shiny, which is pretty much the rest of them. I know I said no glamor shots, but the posting of fat photos violates the Standards and Practices here.

In other news, since I'll be at the three-week mark tomorrow, I've decided to start taking some exercise again. You may have noticed that I'm starting to get a bit pudgier (I sure have!), which is completely unacceptable. I think running and swimming are still out of the question, so I'm going to give the elliptical machine and the exercise bike a shot and kick the diet back into gear.

No comments: