Friday, June 6, 2008

Only in My Dreams (Thank God)



So I haven't blogged in a while. Sorry...I've had business...and have been feeling kind of down, in general, over the last week or two...Not really anything appropriate to blog about.

I have some creepy dreams. Mostly I have nightmares, but some of them actually send me messages, though I wouldn't really say they're prophetic since it's probably my subconscious trying to get a message through to my obstinate and delusional conscious mind. For example, whether I want to believe it or not, whenever I have a dream about a guy I'm dating, it ALWAYS means that the relationship is over...It may not be technically over at that moment, but for all intents and purposes, it has no future. The dream can be perfectly innocuous and not even a nightmare, he's just a face in a crowd or something, but I wake up and know we're done. I've tried fighting this, so it's not a self-fulfilling prophecy. More like a contrarian indicator.

What's a contrarian indicator, you ask? (This is apropos of nothing, just me blathering about a topic I've been reading about). Well, here's an example, but the idea is that when something becomes a recognized trend, it's already played out.

So it's like that with my dreams.

Anyway, a couple of nights ago, I had this horrible dream (one other thing is that I never know that I'm dreaming...I'm absolutely certain I'm enduring whatever's happening to me). I dreamt that I had swelling in the shape of an Acme anvil between my eyeballs. But it wasn't swelling, it was just a deformity that happened from the surgery and there was nothing to be done about it.

My nose HAS been swollen lately (certainly not in the shape of an anvil, though) and just hasn't looked so great (in my opinion), so hopefully it's my subconscious telling me that, like the boyfriends in my dreams, it just isn't going to work out like that. So, hopefully, my bad nose dreams are just a contrarian indicator, and my nose is simply perfect, or going to be.

Here's a (rather blurry) photo. I have an appointment with Doc on Monday, so I'm hoping I remember to ask him some burning yet rather inconsequential questions that I've been meaning to write about (and get answers to). Stay tuned and have a great weekend!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey, you look "hot" in that pic!!