Friday, February 8, 2008

Arnica Update!

So I had a date tonight, and I went wearing what I'm now going to call my "Home By 10" dress. I think I look pretty flash hot in it, however, both times I've worn it, my evenings have ended with me in flannel pajamas by midnight.


What does this have to do with my nosejob? Well, I didn't want to just go straight home, and there was an accident on the Beltway anyway, so I took the back way and stopped off at a CVS that I might say is --err-- not my neighborhood (I did need things other than Arnica; I'm not obsessed...maybe a little).

I wandered around for a while and found that this particular CVS has what I might call the "hoo-doo section." It was pretty random stuff in other languages, or with just very straightforward labeling like, "Gas Relief Drops" with a crying baby on the front. Then, I came across a "bonus pack" of De La Cruz Arnica Salve! It was packaged with Pomada de Azufre, which is a sulfur ointment for pimples. Kind of an odd combination, you'd think, but as it happens, I have a really offensive pimple on my chin (the kind you can't see, but feels like you're growing a conjoined twin) so that kind of worked out. I'm going to try it out tonight on the nose bruises.

And, as an update from the other Arnica tablets, my nose is less swollen and hurts less when I squeeze it since this morning. I took about 9 more during the day.

Want to know some fun trivia about Arnica Montana? It's also called Wolf's Bane. [Caution: Nerd Alert] If you're a Harry Potter fan, this might sound familiar--Snape made wolfsbane potion to keep Lupin from turning into a werewolf. Arnica is also known as Dumbledore's Delight (because bees like it and dumbledore is an old name for a bumblebee).

It was also mixed with snuff in Elizabethan times for its intoxicating effect. It's apparently used more widely in Europe.
OK, so enough about that. This CVS also carried Vichy Dermablend makeup, which I played around with for a while. They didn't have my shade, so I'm going to keep looking for that, too. It looks like the CVS is supposed to have a consultant there to match your skin tone? They had chairs, lights, and mirrors as if you're at the Bobbi Brown counter. I don't know about you, but having your makeup done in a CVS is a little...odd. However, this is supposed to be great stuff for covering up your post-op bruises. People even cover up tatoos with it! It's a wee bit expensive for makeup you buy at CVS ($25 for the foundation, plus you have to buy the setting powder, I think, which is another $20). I promise a full product review.

Anyway, I have 15 minutes to get into my flannel pajamas (ones with big coconuts and pineapples on them) so I can keep to my dress curse.



No comments: