Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Do you pick your plastic surgeon like you pick your....

So how did I find Doc?

Really unscientifically, that's how.

I put out the APB that I was getting a nose job and asked for some advice from friends and on a website I belong to (OK, I'll 'fess up: it's LNS, and--run with it--there was bound to be someone in Georgetown who has had a nose job). They gave me the names of a couple of seemingly capable doctors around DC.

The thing is, making doctor's appointments is intimidating, not to mention a PITA. So I went with the first (and only) one I talked to (oh, but isn't that always the case? I also bought the first car I test drove).

Doc did up some friends of my friend's mom and he came highly recommended. He's listed as one of the best plastic surgeons in the country, so don't let me have you think he's some quack I picked out of the phone book by throwing darts at it.

Anyway, I looked through some of Doc's other work and there wasn't any crazy nose-jobby looking folks in there. His patients all still pretty much looked like themselves, just better, like the difference it makes when you put on the right kind of undergarments with an outfit. I felt like I was in really capable hands. That's what sold me.

Ah, Washington...It's always "who you know" here.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Wearing the right undergarments DOES make a difference :)